Search for property
No Results Found
Logo
Jean Richer & Irene Bilinski
Bilingual Sales Representatives

Bells Corners

Originally part of Nepean Township, and later the city of Nepean, Bells Corners was named after Hugh Bell, who owned a tavern in the area from 1834 to 1863. It was located on Richmond road, which connected Bytown and the settlement at Richmond. Most of Bells Corners was destroyed in a massive fire in August 1870, and was slowly rebuilt, until 1950, when Ottawa annexed the main urban areas of Nepean, which included several western communities, and Bells Corners became a commercial hub for the outlying rural areas. Up until the mid 1900's, Bells Corners was mainly rural with a small amount of commercial influence. Much of that rural charm remains, however Bells Corners is now a bustling community with a well known retail and service strip along its main artery, Robertson Road. A great getaway community, this southern suburb has plenty of schools, park and recreation area, in a safe, family friendly atmosphere. A quick commute to the city or to Kanata's high tech core, easy access to the 417 and OC Transpo gets you there. Routes 118, 199, and 69 all run through the neighbourhood.